Here at GT Aviation, we have chosen economical fuel-efficient aircraft for primary training. This translates directly into money saved. For student pilots we have a flat monthly fee for use of our trainer, like a flying club but without the entry fees and organizational headaches. This makes it much easier for you to budget your training expenses so you can focus on flying.
Economical Fuel-Efficient Aircraft for Primary Training
Cessna 172P $85/hr
Cessna 172SP $105/hr
Diamond DA-40 $125/hr
Piper Arrow II $125/hr
Piper Twin Comanche $175/hr
Cirrus SR-22 Turbo $200/hr
Redbird LD AATD $50/hr
All GT Aviation rates are "dry." Students are responsible for their own fuel. Potomac Airfield runs a great fuel club that offers discounted fuel at cost for only $18 per month. We will help you get your fuel card account set up with the airport manager or you can apply at http://www.potomac-airfield.com.
All flight and ground instruction is $55 per hour. GT Aviation CFIs are professional, fun, and can't wait to help you attain your flying goals.
Learning to Fly or Time Building?
Join our monthly "club" plan! $325 per month allows your use of our Cessna 172P aircraft once per week (average). This saves you hundreds of dollars per month over paying an hourly rate. In our club plan you get:
- $325/mo for up to five hours of flight time.
- All additional hours over five are billed at the regular rate of $85/hr.
- Club plan is a 4 month contract and the hours are "use or lose" . Think of it as a gym membership -- you are getting a great price break but it's still up to you to come out, fly, and put your hours in.
- We do not roll unused hours due to weather or you simply not coming out to the airport to fly.
- At the end of the first 4 months the contract rolls to a month to month renewal.
- 60 days notice early termination required.
Are you an existing pilot looking to earn your next rating? An aircraft owner contemplating renting versus continued ownership? Looking for an aircraft you can use for the occasional overnight or multi-day trip? GT Aviation has the answer for you.
Need complex time for your commercial or CFI rating? Use our Garmin 430 equipped Arrow at 130 ktas while using only 10 gph.
Looking for glass? Look no further! Our G1000 equipped DA-40 is a modern, comfortable, and efficient way to fly. Cruise at 135 ktas while the KAP140 autopilot with altitude hold helps you manage the workload. The DA-40 is available at $125/hr.
Cirrus SR-22 Turbo
Are you looking for a modern aircraft with the latest in technology? Our 2006 Cirrus SR-22 SE Turbo is a top of the line aircraft equipped to make your travels a breeze. For $200/hr you can cruise near 200 ktas while using all of these features to your advantage:
- Avidyne Integra PFD/MFD suite
- CMax Chartview electronic approach plates
- ETAWS Enhanced Terrain Avoidance System
- Dual Garmin 430s
- Skywatch Active Traffic System
- STEC 55X autopilot w/ altitude preselect
- WX500 Stormscope and XM Weather
- TKS Deice
- Built In Oxygen (77 cu. ft. w/ cannulas and high alt masks)
We have certain experience requirements that must be met in order to be checked out and then rent this aircraft:
- Commercial or higher certificate.
- If not Commercial, then Private Pilot w/ Instrument rating and a minimum of 250 hrs total time.
- A minimum of 40 hours of "glass cockpit" experience in either Cirrus or Diamond aircraft.
The number one reason students don't finish their flight training is lack of funds. We have partnered with Pilotfinance.com to offer financing solutions for all of your flight training needs. Don't let lack of funding slow your training tempo or prevent you from reaching your flying goals! Inquire today.